The NPHL conducts laboratory-based surveillance for a number of communicable diseases.
We are supporting the core capacity for surveillance in emergency response countrywide by Data collection, data analysis, result interpretation. We also do Continuous analysis by their practicability, uniformity and rapidity based surveillance for a number of communicable diseases.
Epidemic-prone diseases; to facilitate early outbreak identification and control e.g. aflatoxins, typhoid, Respiratory viruses and viral hemorrhagic fevers
Vaccine-preventable diseases to monitor the success of national vaccination programs and guide priorities in choices and introduction of new vaccines e.g. Measles/Rubella and Rotavirus (we do not vaccinate for influenza)
- We work as an advisory and specialist in outbreak situations as well as offering laboratory support when required.
- We provide sample collection tools, equipment and guidance to field investigators e.g. Sample collection packing and referral
- We maintain capability for conducting analysis using rapid, precise and accurate methods.
- We provide timely reports of laboratory results while maintaining chain-of-custody where and when needed
- We also oversee rapid testing at point of entries (POE's) eg. SARS-COV-2 Ag.rapid test.
- Maabara ya Taifa ya Afya ya Jamii
- EPZA area,mandela road
- S.L.P 9083, Dar Es Salaam
- Telephone: +255 734 677 337
- Mobile: +255 734 677 338