Parasitology Section of the National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) is a full-service diagnostic section capable of diagnosing parasitic infections. This service is provided in an accurate, timely and cost-efficient manner. Accurate identification of parasites benefits by helping to improve human health.
The section is overseen by competent Laboratory scientist and technologist who has experience in parasitology and undergone several national and international trainings and competence certified for performing parasitology tests.
For customers aiming to use Parasitology section for research, Evaluation, EQA provider consultation, TOTs in Malaria microscopy and Malaria diagnostic advisory purposes, they will be required to communicate with NPHL management for discussion on Logistic and other items required for intended service requested, protocols to handle research samples and entering into Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
Test performed at parasitology section
- for detection of Malaria and other heamoparasite
- for wet examination of parasites in samples e.g., Stool, urine.
Formalether concentration test
- for wet examination and quantification of parasites in samples e.g., Stool, urine.
- For Malaria Examination and other haemoparaste
- Filariasis examination e.g Loa loa
- In Malaria Rapid test, reagent and equipment
- In Giemsa stain, and Kits e.g. Malaria rapid test
Post Market surveillance
- For Rapid test e.g Malaria Rapid test
We offer trainings on various fields specifically in public health laboratory science, Researches and Field epidemiology.
Target groups includes - In-service personnel (medical registrars) and student field attachments.
We have skilled national and international facilitators and TOTs for any organized training, workshops and seminars
Areas of facilitation includes but not limited
- Quality management system (QMS)
- Malaria Microscopy Training
- Rapid Test Training
- Biosafety and Biosecurity and IPC
- Laboratory information system (LIS)
Provides malaria microscopy training for laboratory personnel
d) Mentorship and supportive supervision.
Provide mentorship and supportive supervision to different laboratories
e) EQA provision
Prepare, analyse and coordinate EQA samples to other Laboratories private and public.
- Maabara ya Taifa ya Afya ya Jamii
- EPZA area,mandela road
- S.L.P 9083, Dar Es Salaam
- Telephone: +255 734 677 337
- Mobile: +255 734 677 338